I know I’ve promised to get back to you with a more in depth review of this tablet, but I haven’t had much time to play with either of them. Or, well, I’ve had time – they have just been occupied by their owners. A positive sign for these tablets, I’d say!
I’ve just upgraded one of the tablets from ICS 4.0.1 to ICS 4.0.3, and as a result, a little bit quicker tablet. Unfortunally I have no changelog for what has changed between the two releases, but it seems to be quite alot. It’s recommendable if you have one of these.
As a reminder for myself and a redundant archive, I’ll copy the instructions and wise words from Colonel Zap;
1. Go to your settings and remember where to change the system language.
2. Download the update.zip here. (and yes, I mirrored the file too)
3. Copy the update.zip to the root of your sd-card. DO NOT UNPACK.
4. Tablet is off, sd-card is inserted. Press and hold Vol + and Power until update procedure starts.
5. Be patient, wait until update is complete and tablet reboots.
6. Go to the settings and change the language from Chinese to whatever you like (hope you didn’t skip step 1)
As a positive side effect, svtplay mobile (website) actually shows HD content now. Not sure if this is the actual Paladin update or SVTPlay sorting out some more problems on their side. All good, either way. :)
Apparently, there is a ClockworkMod out for this tablet, together with other information on how to get Youtube running if you are struggling with that, in combination with a custom rom that has been released.
The future looks bright for Ainol Paladin users!